ACCOUNTING CLERK – FULL-TIME
Gifford Carr is a well-respected brokerage that combines long-time local brokerages with a loyal customer base and reputation for exceptional customer service. A community based general insurance brokerage; we have an excellent blend of experience and youth to maintain a strong future in Ottawa and the surrounding area. All brokers are RIBO licensed and maintain an excellent relationship with Canada’s top Insurance Companies to ensure delivery of excellent service and products. With two established departments: Personal Lines and Commercial Lines, we employ specialized staff with expertise in a full range of Insurance products. We offer an open, team-oriented, and diverse work environment with a competitive salary, commission opportunities, and generous benefits package.
What You’ll Do
We are currently looking for a full-time Junior Accounting Clerk to join our Ottawa team to assist in managing the company’s finance and accounting operations. The opportunity exists for this individual to be exposed to the insurance industry and build a long-term career with a dynamic, growing, reputable group. Normal Responsibilities will include month-end reporting, ensuring compliance with provincial regulators, accounts receivable maintenance, some collections, and account reconciliation with brokers and insurers.
Demonstrates competent technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise. This individual will have team leadership experience. Experience within the Insurance industry with working knowledge of TAM management system an asset.
Team Player: Focuses strongly on achieving agreed-upon outcomes and ensures that team objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance.
Attention to Detail and Multitasking Skills: Strong attention to detail and ability to organize firm affairs; both external and inter-company. Ability to multitask and provide requests and updates in a reasonable time frame.
Time Management: Has strong time management and provides frequent relevant updates to the firms supported by the Finance Function.
Communication: Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent, and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
What you’ll bring
The following indicates specific industry, academic, and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business * Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- 1+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Financial audits and compliance
- Knowledge of payroll and taxes would be an asset
- Experience with TAM accounting software is strongly preferred
- Flexible team player willing to perform various supporting tasks
- Professional Demeanor and customer oriented
- Proficiency in computer tools including Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, spreadsheets, project planning tools
- Proficient in data entry, management, and upkeep
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Able to focus and concentrate on complex tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational abilities and the ability to work effectively with different levels of management and across different functions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet crucial deadlines and demands
Our company offers a competitive compensation package including base-salary, performance-based variable pay, and comprehensive benefits.
How to Apply
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the right individual for the job, we would love to hear from you. Please send your RESUME and COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.