Commercial Account Manager
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT MANAGER – FULL-TIME
Gifford Carr is a well-respected brokerage that brought together two long-standing brokerages, both with a loyal customer base and reputation for exceptional customer service. A community based general insurance brokerage, we have an excellent blend of experience and youth to maintain a strong future in Ottawa and the surrounding area.
All brokers are RIBO licensed and maintain an excellent relationship with Canada’s top Insurance Companies to ensure delivery of excellent service and products.
With two established departments: Personal Lines and Commercial Lines, they employ specialized staff with expertise in a full range of Insurance products. We offer an open, team-oriented, and diverse work environment with a competitive salary, commission opportunities, and generous benefits package.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Commercial Lines CSR to help manage our existing and new client base. This position generates and closes commercial leads and services our growing customer commercial account base. This position also has the ability to be a remote position and work from home.
- Manage and service a book of Commercial Lines Business (small, mid and large accounts)
- Work with Commercial Lines Producers in service needs associated with the client’s program including endorsement activity, routine coverage questions, problem-solving, renewal control, preparation of formal proposals, and checking and booking policies.
- Customizing programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks
- Process Endorsements, audits and claims
- Prepare and administer marketing renewals to different carriers and wholesalers
- Foster and close opportunities to acquire new clients by marketing, quoting and delivering proposals
- Negotiating coverage terms and pricing with carriers
- Market accounts to carriers for quotes, coverage, and renewals.
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 2+years of commercial insurance experience working in an insurance brokerage
- Post-Secondary education and Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario Certification (RIBO)
- Surety and Bonding experience is an asset
- Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications and Broker Management Systems, specifically TAM and Policy Works
- Strong knowledge of insurance terminology, types of coverage, policies and procedures
- Solid interpersonal and time management skills are essential
- Flexible and resourceful with the ability to work effectively under pressure, handling multiple tasks with interruptions and changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a positive attitude, good listening skills, and customer-service focus
- A self-motivated team player capable of working effectively with minimal supervision
Our company offers a competitive compensation package including base-salary, performance-based variable pay, and comprehensive benefits.
How to Apply
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the right individual for the job, we would love to hear from you. Please send your RESUME and COVER LETTER to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.