Organized and customer service focused? Raise your hand if that’s you! This entry level opportunity, in a forward thinking company, puts you in a position to grow with a company creating the new standard for industry leaders in insurance. As an Account Administrator you will provide technical and administrative support to our team – with opportunities in BOTH our commercial and personal lines teams.
Ideally based out of Ottawa, North Bay, or Burlington – but we are all about fit and company culture.
Interested in learning more about the opportunities with Gifford Carr?
- Provide administrative support to Account Managers.
- Process new policy applications, policy changes, certificate management, and renewals on company portals.
- Manage billing and invoicing of insurance policies.
- Be able to prioritize tasks while maintaining consistent quality of service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to learn on a continual basis and interest to continue when education opportunities arise.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with a strong cohesive approach and client relationship focus.
- Customer service experience (experience in insurance not required).
- Positive attitude and good listening skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Flexible and resourceful with the ability to work effectively under pressure while managing multiple tasks.
- Self-Motivated team player capable of working effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An open, team-oriented and diverse work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous benefits package.
- Full pension plan.
- Opportunity for professional development and advancement.
- This role is not require a RIBO license – but we will invest in courses to support teammates interested in growing their careers in insurance.
About Gifford Carr
At Gifford Carr, we are passionate advocates for our clients – many of whom have trusted us for decades. This means dedicating ourselves to connecting with the right partners and coverages to ensure our clients are protected.
Our story dates back to 1948. Delivering personal and business insurance solutions to our clients for over 70 years, Gifford Carr Insurance Group is built on a community-oriented foundation. An independent insurance brokerage, licensed across Canada and offices located across Ontario, with access to countless policies and plans, nationwide. We work for you. Our relationships with all the insurance partners ensures we can find the best coverage to protect you, our clients. As we continue to grow to support communities across the province, our priorities remain the same – protecting what matters to you.
Trust us with what matters most. At Gifford Carr, we are on your team. We are your local broker.
How to Apply
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the right fit as our next Account Administrator, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your RESUME and COVER LETTER to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Discover current opportunities with Gifford Carr here: Careers