COMMERCIAL TSR – FULL-TIME
Gifford Carr is a well-respected brokerage that brought together two long-standing brokerages, both with a loyal customer base and reputation for exceptional customer service. A community based general insurance brokerage, we have an excellent blend of experience and youth to maintain a strong future in Ottawa and the surrounding area.
All brokers are RIBO licensed and maintain an excellent relationship with Canada’s top Insurance Companies to ensure delivery of excellent service and products. With two established departments: Personal Lines and Commercial Lines, they employ specialized staff with expertise in a full range of Insurance products. We offer an open, team-oriented, and diverse work environment with a competitive salary, commission opportunities, and generous benefits package.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Commercial Lines TSR to help support our existing and new client base. This position aides in servicing our existing client base and is largely administrative. Consideration will be given to senior brokers with significant relatable experience for work from home arrangements.
- Service a book of Commercial Lines Business (small, mid and large accounts)
- Work with Commercial Lines Account Managers in service needs associated with the client’s program including endorsement activity, renewal control, preparation of formal proposals and certificates, and checking and booking policies.Process Endorsements, audits and claims
- Prepare and administer marketing renewals to different carriers and wholesalers
- Negotiating coverage terms and pricing with carriers
- Assist in marketing accounts to carriers for quotes, coverage and renewals.
What you’ll bring
- A minimum of 2+years of commercial insurance experience working in an insurance brokerage
- Post-Secondary education and Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario Certification (RIBO)
- Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications and Broker Management Systems, specifically TAM and Policy Works.
- Strong knowledge of insurance terminology, types of coverage, policies and procedures
- Solid interpersonal and time management skills are essential
- Flexible and resourceful with the ability to work effectively under pressure, handling multiple tasks with interruptions and changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess a positive attitude, good listening skills, and customer-service focus
- A self motivated team player capable of working effectively with minimal supervision
Our company offers a competitive compensation package including base-salary, performance-based variable pay, and comprehensive benefits.
How to Apply
If you think your personality, skills, education and experience make you the right individual for the job, we would love to hear from you. Please send your RESUME and COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.