Join #teamGC as an account manager on our commercial team supporting business clients from across Ontario!
Customer service and attention to detail your forte? Join the Gifford Carr team as an Account Manager.
Gifford Carr is looking to add to its Commercial Accounts team a dynamic, energic, and team-oriented Account Manager. The successful candidate will provide quality, responsive assistance to the Account Executive while building and maintaining positive relations with clients. The Commercial Account Manager must be well organized and possess the ability to prioritize workflow while working with their team to provide outstanding customer service to our clients.
- Maintain positive, long-term relationships with clients, insurance company representatives, and team members
- Provide value to clients by offering newly available coverages, identifying exposures, determining the appropriate solutions to those exposures, and advising the client.
- Communicate with clients including answering questions and reviewing policy changes.
- Educate clients about their coverages
- Assist clients to complete applications
- Review and send client endorsements and invoices
- Review and send insurance certificates
Quoting and Reviews:
- Function as first-line underwriters to qualify, maintain, and promote quality business
- Communicate and negotiate with underwriters on the client’s behalf
- Aid with quoting new business when required
- Perform insurer portal quoting or entry as required
- Review renewals and existing coverage for accuracy
- Negotiate renewal terms and identify, in collaboration with the Account Executive, if another insurance company may be a better fit
- Remarket accounts when required
- Source, obtain, and provide additional information requested by the underwriter
- Submit claims notices to insurance companies, follow up with clients and adjusters regarding claims status
- Keep current with insurer updates and changes
- Assist the Commercial Account Executive
- Follow-up on client payments
- Maintain current client files
- Additional responsibilities as it pertains to the insurance operations that may arise from time to time including assisting other team members and Account Managers with workload from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a Commercial Account Manager
- Active RIBO license
- Working knowledge of Epic and Policy Works is an asset
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Commitment to a positive team dynamic
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and respond to time-sensitive deadlines
LOCATION: Ottawa/North Bay/Sudbury/Burlington
To apply: Email your resume/cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.