Your trust is important to us. Given the nature of our financial transactions, you share your personal information with us. We respect and safeguard your privacy.
In accordance with PEPIDA, we have outlined why and how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. You can be assured that we’ll only handle your personal information in a professional and secure manner.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Depending on the purpose(s) for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following information:
- Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail, address, birth
date and marital status
- Claims history or Driver’s record
- Credit and past payment records
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Medical information such as any condition that may affect the operation of a vehicle
- Employment information
We may obtain this information from; You, Insurance companies, Other insurance brokers or agents, Credit organizations, Motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities, Financial institutions, and Medical professionals (only in claims as needed by insurer partners).
WHY DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Common purposes for which we collect your personal information are to:
- Enable us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Assist you and assess your ongoing needs for coverage and assess your need for other products
- Ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Protect us both against error or fraud
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations, adjusters, or lawyers
- Financial institutions (ex; mortgage brokers/lenders)
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information outside what is required for the transaction
- We keep your personal information only for as long as we need to or as required by law
- We safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability
- We respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold
- We obtain the appropriate consent from you for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information
HOW TO CONTACT THE PRIVACY OFFICER?
Name of Privacy Officer: Matthew Carr, CIP
Address: 100 Terence Matthews Crescent, Ottawa ON K2M 1P7
Phone: 613-747-4700 | Fax: 613-747-8522 | Email: email@example.com
Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information which is under our control, and may be given access to, and challenge the accuracy and completeness of that information.