Join #teamGC as an account manager on our personal lines team supporting clients from across Ontario!
Customer service and attention to detail your forte? Join the Gifford Carr team as an Account Manager.
Gifford Carr is looking to add to its Personal Accounts team a dynamic, energic, and team-oriented Account Manager. The successful candidate will provide quality, responsive assistance to the Account Executive while building and maintaining positive relations with clients. The Personal Account Manager must be well organized and possess the ability to prioritize workflow while working with their team to provide outstanding customer service to our clients.
- Maintain positive, long-term relationships with clients, insurance company representatives, and team members
- Provide value to clients by offering newly available coverages, identifying exposures, determining the appropriate solutions to those exposures, and advising the client of the reasons the solutions are best for their needs
- Provide assistance to the Personal Account Executive
- Function as first-line underwriters to qualify, maintain, and promote quality business
- Communicate with clients including answering questions, policy changes, and educating regarding their coverages and its purpose
- Communicate and negotiate with underwriters on the client’s behalf
- Provide assistance with quoting new business when required
- Perform insurer portal quoting or entry as required
- Review renewals and existing coverage for accuracy
- Negotiate renewal terms and identify if another insurance company may be a better fit, discuss with the Account Executive and if decided, take the actions necessary to remarket the account
- Source, obtain, and provide additional information requested by the underwriter
- Assist clients to complete applications
- Review and send client endorsements and invoices
- Assist the Account Executive to follow up on AR/payments
- Maintain current client files
- Review and send insurance certificates
- Submit claims notices to insurance companies, follow up with clients and adjusters regarding claim status
- Additional responsibilities as it pertains to the insurance operations that may arise from time to time including assisting other team members and Account Managers with workload as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a Personal Account Manager
- Active RIBO license required
- Working knowledge of Epic and Policy Works is an asset
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Commitment to a positive team dynamic
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and respond to time-sensitive deadlines
LOCATION: Ottawa/North Bay/Sudbury/Burlington
To apply: Email your resume/cover letter to: email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.