Join #teamGC as an insurance marketer on our commercial team supporting business clients from across Ontario!
Enjoy working with strategic partners and building relationships with underwriters?
Join the Gifford Carr team as an Insurance Marketer on our Commercial Lines Team.
Gifford Carr is looking to add to its team a dynamic, energic, and team-oriented Commercial Lines Insurance Marketer. Reporting to the VP of Commercial Lines, the Commercial Lines Insurance Marketer is responsible for developing portfolios and assisting in the overall client growth and retention of the department by creating and maintaining strong relationships with insurance partners and providing excellent service and support. The Commercial Lines Insurance Marketer must be well organized and process the ability to prioritize workflow while adhering to the policies, goals, and objectives established by Gifford Carr senior management.
- Work closely with Account Executives and Account Managers on existing and developing portfolios
- Send submissions to markets
- Secure and negotiate terms with insurer partners for new and renewal business
- Insurer relationship development/management
- Create renewal and new business proposals
- In-house quotes-portals
- Maintain insurer partners information, including contacts and company appetites
- Research and run reports on prospects
- Assemble proposal documents
- Update BMS with the information provided by insurance carriers
- Report updates to team members
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in commercial insurance
- RIBO license is an asset or can be worked towards
- Working knowledge of Epic and Policy Works is an asset
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Commitment to the positive team dynamic
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and respond to time-sensitive deadlines
LOCATION: Ottawa/North Bay/Sudbury/Burlington
To apply: Email your resume/cover letter to: email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.