Ottawa Insurance Broker


At Gifford Carr, our mission is to find an insurance solution that is tailored to your unique needs while also providing you with exceptional customer service.

Connect with Us! 1.855.740.4700 Get a quote today!

The Nations Capital is our Hometown. We are an independent brokerage, founded in Ottawa. With locations across Ontario, we are licensed across Canada. This means we have access to all the policies and plans that are offered nationwide. With more options on hand, we can ensure that we can find you an insurance product that meets all of your needs, including your budget.

We work with all the most reputable insurance companies to offer you affordable policies across all insurance classes. Whether you’re looking for car, home, business, tenant, snowmobile or motorcycle insurance, our brokers will find you the appropriate policy, or bundled option to save you even more. At Gifford Carr we work as your advocate. We are on your team.


Car Insurance Ottawa

Whether you have had previous coverage or just started driving – we have you covered. Our team of brokers will find you the best rates no matter your age and experience. We will work, as your advocate, to find the policy to suit your needs. Whether it is for your classic car, snowmobile or motorcycle, we have you covered.


Home Insurance Ottawa

Your home is your greatest investment. Get peace of mind for your home and everything inside of it. Our brokers will help find you a policy that protects your property against losses from accidents, damage, vandalism and theft. Learn more about home insurance coverage with Gifford Carr.


Business Insurance Ottawa

Protect your professional future with affordable business insurance. Our team will find you the best insurance product for your specific business type and needs. We’ll make sure it covers everything that could disrupt your office, warehouse, factory, store or at-home business. Whether you’re an owner or a renter, we have the right insurance policy for you.


Tenant Insurance Ottawa

When the unexpected happens – an accident in your unit, fire or water damage – you will want to know that you are protected. Our brokers will find a tenant insurance policy that will provide you the right amount of coverage for your belongings, liability, and temporary emergency living expenses.

Stop paying more for insurance than you need to! We are in the business of protecting what matters, and have been for over 70 years. We can help you save too! Request a quote now or call us to speak with a broker directly.


Frequently Asked Questions

Which insurance companies do you work with?
At Gifford Carr, our insurance brokers work with many of the top-rated insurance providers in Canada. This provides our clients with the best options available.

Do insurance brokers get paid by their clients?
No, there is no fee when working with us. Insurance brokers get paid by the insurance companies, not their clients.

Why should I choose an Ottawa insurance broker instead of an insurance agent?
Unlike insurance agents, brokers do not work for or represent any specific insurance companies. We work in the best interests of our clients. Which means, we work for you! We provide unbiased recommendations based on the best solutions for your needs, lifestyle and budget. While insurance agents can only access the products offered by the insurers that they are representing, we can access all of them. So even if there is a better option available, we will find it.

How much insurance coverage do I need for personal property?
Your personal property insurance should cover all of your valuable belongings, including jewelry, electronics, laptops or computers, furniture, and any collectibles items or other items of value. We recommend taking an inventory of such items to determine the right amount of protection you need.

What are the Ottawa car insurance requirements?
In Ontario, all drivers are required to purchase Third-Party Liability, Accident Benefits, Direct Compensation Property Damage and Uninsured Automobile coverage. Contact us to learn more.

If I live in downtown Ottawa, will my car insurance rates be higher?
Live in walking distance to Parliament Hill or Lansdowne Park? Generally speaking, urban locations will come with higher insurance rates because there’s a greater risk of theft, vandalism and accidents. There’s also a higher volume of traffic compared to suburban areas.

Will my car insurance cover other drivers who use it?
Yes, as long as the driver has a valid driver’s license, your car insurance will cover damage to the vehicle and bodily harm, even when you are not driving.

Is condo insurance mandatory in Ontario?
No. However, if you have a mortgage, it is likely the lender will request a binder prior to closing, to protect their investment. A binder is a certificate of insurance. We recommend having some form of home insurance to keep you and your valuables protected.

Do I need insurance for my snowmobile?
Yes. In Ontario, snowmobile insurance is mandatory, unless you are driving your vehicle on your property. Though you likely only drive your snowmobile for a few months, many experts agree that a full year policy is worth the cost for full protection. If you plan on taking your snowmobile through the trails this winter, make sure you are covered!

Get in touch
Get in touch
Get in touch
Complete the form to connect with your local Gifford Carr broker to get a detailed quote. Trust us to ensure you are protected. So you can focus on what matters.

    What type of insurance are you shopping for? Select all that apply.

        Contact our team
        Contact our team
        Contact our team
        Complete the form to connect with your local Gifford Carr broker to get a detailed quote. Trust us to ensure you are protected. So you can focus on what matters.